Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

How to Make Text Look Cool in Photoshop

Hello all!

Today I changed the title of my blog, and added a new banner, which I created in Photoshop CS5.

I decided to make today's post about how you can make text like the one you see in the banner.

This tutorial should work in Photoshop CS2 and above, but if not, then I apologize in advance.



First, you'll need to create a new image.  In case you're brand new to Photoshop and don't know how to do this, go to the File menu and click New.  The following window should show up:
In the "Name" field, you can type a short name for your image, but it isn't necessary.  I chose to name this file "Sample Image".
You can also make the width and height of the image virtually whatever you want, but for this example I made my image 640 x 480.



Next, type some text.  If you're a newbie, go over to the left hand side of the screen and click the little "T" icon.  Then, click somewhere on your image and start typing.
You can use the multitude of options towards the top of the screen to alter the appearance of your text.
I typed the word "Hello", just to be arbitrary :> You may notice that a new layer appeared in your Layers Panel when you typed the text; this is critical to the next step of the process.


For our third step, double click on the layer that has the text, and the following window should appear.
The rest is all up to you - play around with the options in this window until you find something you like!
I tend to use the Bevel and Emboss; Contour; and Texture options the most because they make your text look almost 3-Dimensional.


This brings us to the end of our tutorial.  I hope you enjoyed it and that you found it helpful!
As a side note, you can do this with any kind of layer, not just text!

Thanks for reading! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment