Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

My Dogs!

As you've hopefully realized by now, I LOVE animals.

I have seven pets: 3 dogs and 4 fish.

For today's post, I thought I'd show you guys my lovely dogs.  Maybe I'll write about my fish in another post, but not today.

  


This is Buddy!  In this photo, he's laying on my bed.  We adopted him back in August 2004 from our local humane society.  At 63 years old (in dog years, of course), he's the oldest of my pets.  We're not exactly sure about his breed, but we think that he may be a cross between a Black Lab and a German Shorthaired Pointer, as seen in the pictures below.



The lovely little dog you see in the above photo is Jessy!  We adopted her on August 21, 2009 from Lucky Dog Animal Rescue, and I was the one who picked her out.  I made a great choice - she's affectionate, funny, playful, and a sweetheart all around.  For a long time her breed was a mystery, but recently I did some research and found that she's probably a Golden Sheltie: a cross between a Golden Retriever and a Shetland Sheepdog.  Here are photos of these two breeds:



This cute beagle is Lulu, the smallest of my 3 dogs.  We adopted her in April 2010 from the beagle rescue BREW - Beagle Rescue, Education, and Welfare.  My dad met her at the vet.  He was in the waiting room with Buddy and Jessy, and a woman from BREW was there with Lulu (who was then called Chutney).  Lulu came over to my dogs, and stood up on Jessy to say hello to Buddy.  The woman told my dad that the beagle was up for adoption, so he told us later that day.  Lulu has a TON of energy, as most beagles do.  Because of this, we have to keep her in a cage sometimes because she gets so wild.  We're not sure whether she's a beagle or a beagle mix.  One theory we have is that she's half beagle and half Jack Russell.  Here are photos of these breeds:





No comments:

Post a Comment