Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Documentary Idea

In Media class, I'm going to be making a documentary soon with a group of friends.  We brainstormed quite a few ideas, but there's one idea that really sticks out in my mind as something that I really would like to make a documentary about.

The topic is, fandoms, which, according to Wikipedia, are "subculture[s] composed of fans characterized by a feeling of sympathy and camaraderie with others who share a common interest".

My original idea was to make one exclusive to the furry fandom (see this post), but Abir suggested that we make it about fandoms in general.

I interpreted this as devoting a portion of screen time to three or so fandoms.  Some fandoms I have in mind are:

  • The furry fandom
  • The Dr. Who fandom
  • The Sherlock fandom
  • The Homestuck fandom
I believe that these are good choices because they'd be very easy to find people to interview about them.  To be more specific, I am a furry and thus can easily set up an interview with a few local furries. There are also tons of people at Blair who are members of the other fandoms I mentioned, a few of whom are very close friends of mine, so it'll be very easy to get interviews with them.

There are three people I have in mind to interview if my group decides to follow through with this idea.    I'd ask two of my friends, both local furries, if they'd be willing to let us interview them.  Both of them have a fursuit, and I'm hoping that we'll be able to incorporate that into the documentary.
On the left is a picture I took of one of my furry friend's fursuit, and on the right is a picture I drew in Photoshop for my other furry friend.


My good friend Melissa, who goes to Blair, is a member of both the Sherlock and Homestucks fandoms.  She's very introverted, but I'm hoping that she'll want to come out of her shell for an interview.

If you'd like, please leave a comment below to tell me what you think about my ideas.  

Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment