Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

5 x 5 Video Project




Edit 9/26 - New version of video uploaded, had to block out a curse word

This is my 5 x5 video project for my Media and Film Production class.  The object was to record 5 seperate videos, approximentally 30 seconds in length, cut out all but "that perfect 5 seconds" for each, and compile them all into one, 25-second video.  All 5 clips needed to have a common theme.

I chose school as my theme.  I just love the interior design of MBHS, so I decided to record clips of some of my favorite parts of the building.  Here is a list of all the clips I recorded:

  • Arriving at school in the morning
  • Looking down into Blair Boulevard (the main hallway)
  • Blair Boulevard
  • Looking down on Blair Boulevard from the main staircase
  • Leaving school in the afternoon
 I used my iPhone 4 to record all of these clips.  It records video in 720p HD at up to 30 frames per second.  I used iMovie '09 on my MacBook Pro to edit my clips.  My clips are a bit shaky, so I tried to stabilize one of them using a special iMovie function, but it came out looking distorted.  I just decided not to stabilize any of them.  I exported the whole video in HD, with a size of 1280 x 720.

Overall, I am fairly pleased with my project.  I just wish that I would've kept the camera still while recording.  Also, I don't like how the first clip is very quiet, and the next is loud in comparison.  The sudden increase in volumes sometimes startles me.  I don't really know why the last clip looks distorted; it probably had something to do with the way I was holding my iPhone.

An idea I have for our next project is to record videos in which the audio is some random people's conversation.  We could take several of these clips and edit them so that the out-of-context quotes sound comical.

No comments:

Post a Comment