Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Dystopian Trailer Posters

As a project for CAP, we were assigned to get into groups to create a movie trailer for a dystopian plot of our own creation. It was my job to create a propaganda poster that my be used in the trailer, as well as a movie poster.

Here they are:
This is the propaganda poster.  It uses the techniques of Glittering Generalities (using powerful, loaded words) and Non Sequitur (making an argument that does not follow the premise).  The Glittering Generality is the word "Freedom", and the Non Sequitur is that education does not necessarily equal freedom.  We might use this in our trailer, but I haven't talked to my group about it yet.

This is the movie poster I made.  It features an image of a diploma and a graduation cap, overlayed with a Matrix-like image.  In the background, there is a picture of a 19th century classroom in Auckland. 
I made these both in Adobe Photoshop CS5

EDIT 10/3 - Title updated to "Student A45"

No comments:

Post a Comment